Friday, August 21, 2009

"My Pillow"


I am finished with the first of 5 pillows I am making for each of my grand daughters for Christmas. Each girl will have her very own pillow. It is 12 x 16 inches has a 2 inch lace ruffle and is soft and cuddly. My grand daughter range in age from 5 to newborn and one to be born this December. I used very pretty girly fabrics for the names and used the same fabrics for the borders. The original pattern for this pillow did not use a border around the main name piece, but I like borders so I cut the fabric a quarter of an inch smaller than suggested, then cut out a 1 inch piece of fabric to the name fabric and I got to be the exact size they suggested, I then cut out lots of 1 1/2 x 3 inch fabric pieces and put them all together with a 1/4 inch seam to make 2 shorter lengths and 2 larger lengths to fit the main name piece. If you want to know how to finish this pillow just ask and I will be happy to help you. I enjoy quilting , so this pillow is a great way to make something beautiful and useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment