Monday, August 17, 2009

Ooh La Laa jacket



I made this little jacket for my grand daughter Natelie's 2nd birthday. I started with a basic jacket pattern. Simplicity 9417 in a size 3. the patterns for the front and back has a separate piece for the top and bottom, so I just marked the seam and cut a full front and back piece . I then embroidered the ooh La Laa on the back, this took a lot of time since I am still new to machine embroidery, then I added the rest of the embroideries to the bottom of the back. I then made the pockets by embroidering the Poodles and cut out the pockets and attaching it to the front. I added a back stitch to the pockets to finish them. I cut on little rectangles and made tabs to use as closures instead of buttons, I used heavy duty snaps so they could close in front. This is my first attempt at anything this complicated with my new embroidery machine. I am pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment