Monday, August 31, 2009

not for clothes pins anymore



This type of apron has been used for years when ladies would hang up their laundry in the outdoors, I wish I would have had one when I was young and did not have a dryer and had to hang wash outside. I found the directions and a diagram on how to make this apron but no pattern so with the directions and a few pictures to go by I made my own pattern. I choose some fun fabrics and added a few new details for modern convenience, like a small pocket to carry a cell phone and a large loop for hanging up the apron or for using as a towel holder. I love this apron and I plan on added a tutorial on her to teach you how to make your own bias tape and on how to make this apron.

2 comments:

  1. This is the perfect clothespin apron!! My favorite is the black and pink one. You mentioned a tutorial, but I can't find it. Is there anyway you would be willing to share your notes on how to make this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did add a tutorial on how to put on bias tape easily...I will think about adding a tutorial on making this apron but with a pttern I am not use it would be very helpful, I got my pattern from a newspaper article and hads to make it up myself,,which took alot of trail and error to get just right.

    ReplyDelete